3 Easy Cocktail Recipes to Say Farewell to Summer
Adjusting to the “new normal” should not stop you from celebrating the end of an unforgettable summer! Before your days are filled with Sunday football and fall projects, you need one last social distancing backyard shindig! We wanted to share our top 3 refreshing cocktail recipes that can also be turned into a virgin cocktail to enjoy with friends and family.
New Air Sangria:
Searching for a fresh and simple sangria recipe? Look no further! Our team’s favorite go-to cocktail is our universal sangria. Simply switch up the white wine for red wine depending on your preference! We recommend using a dry wine with fruity notes as well as choosing the freshest in season fruits such as blueberries and raspberries for that savoury fruity taste. This recipe is completely customizable, you can eliminate or simply add ingredients based on your preference!
Ingredients: 1 pitcher (4-5 servings)
- 1 bottle of red or white wine
- ½ cup of white rum of your choice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 apple (sliced)
- ½ of raspberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1 ½ cups of Canada Dry’s Ginger Ale
- In a pitcher combine the wine, rum and pineapple juice
- Slice the lemons and peaches. Add them to the pitcher.
- Drop in the other fruits and stir gently to combine.
- Let the fruit sit in the wine mixture for an hour to maximize the fruity taste
- Before you are ready to serve, stir in one cup of ginger ale (Canada Dry)
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
If you are craving something with a flavourful liquor, then we have the perfect cocktail for you! The Fresh Fresca is designed for that hot summer day surrounded by good people. It primarily contains Ketel One’s Botanical infused vodka – which was the talk of the town this summer! We added Fresca for a healthier option yet still attracting that bubbly sweet taste. If you are a bit more daring, add a splash of your favourite light Rosé to enhance the fruitiness of the cocktail, yet eliminating the potentially strong vodka taste.
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 5 oz Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose
- 5oz of Original Fresca
- Optional: Splash of your favourite light Rosé
- Grapefruit to Garnish
- Pick a cocktail glass of your choice.
- Fill cup with 3-4 ice cubes.
- Add the 1.5oz of vodka, then the 2.5oz of Fresca
- If you are adding the splash of light Rosé you would do that now
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and enjoy!
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about you spicy cocktail lovers! Our go-to hot cocktail is hands down our Spicy Margarita! It’s an easy cocktail with ingredients that are essentially meant for each other! The spicy ginger beer we use here is from The Great Jamaican, however the spicy tang doesn’t come from the ginger beer, but from the Jalapeño peppers! When picking your tequila, always make sure that it is made with 100% agave or else its just not worth drinking (our favourite is Silver Patron)! We promise this will be your new preferred cocktail, so get your cocktail shaker out and start rimming your glasses with salt!
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 5oz of Tequila
- 1oz of fresh lime juice
- 2oz of The Great Jamaican Ginger Beer
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup
- ½ of a Jalapeño peppers – diced
- Take a glass of your choice and moisten the rim with a lime wedge. In a plate add enough salt to rim all your glasses. Dip the glass into salt. Fill with ice and set aside.
- Pour the tequila, lime juice, ginger beer, simple syrup and Jalapeño peppers in a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover and shake. If you do not have a cocktail shaker, simply pour ingredients in a pitcher and stir.
- Strain/ pour into prepared glasses over ice
- Garnish with jalapeño slices and a lime wedge and enjoy!
Let us know if you try one of our renowned cocktails this Labour Day weekend! Store each cocktail’s ingredients in our single glass door portable back bar until you’re ready to test them out! Enjoy and as always, drink responsibly!
This post is also available in: French